Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday / Swatchday :: Purple

Yesterday I went to the races at Riccarton Racecourse, and matched my eye makeup to my dress:

Face: 
Natio Liquid Foundation
Bare Minerals powder foundation
Victoria Secret Bronzer (from the On-The-Go Face Kit) as a contour
NARS Orgasm Blush
Claire's white eyeshadow as a highlight
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Lips:
MAC Creme D'Nude

Eyes:
Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper
The Body Shop 510 Something Blue/Turquoise Sirene
Claire's Dark Blue eyeshadow (these came in a set, and have no names)
Sephora Engagement Ring
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara
Australis Black Eyeliner 

Dress:
H&M (and only cost me $4.95 AUD!)


I couldn't believe how well my makeup stayed on for the whole day. I guess the mineral veil helped!

Anyway, onto this weeks swatches! It's no secret that I love purple eyeshadows. So here are a few swatches from some of my purple eyeshadows.


L to R: 1. Stila - Tie Dye, 2. Bare Minerals - Angel, 3. ME ME ME - 25 Eccentric, 4. Heavenly Naturals - Daddy's Girl

1. I definitely don't use this enough. Tie Dye is a mixed shadow with purple, blue and pink. It looks a lot more blue, but I don't have any other shadow like it.

2. This is a great base colour, is a bit more mauve when applied than it does in the pottle. The pigmentation is pretty good, but not quite as much as I would like.

3. I got given this in a makeup swap. It's nice for a subtle look, and has low pigmentation.

4. This one is beautiful, and again I don't use it enough. It has the perfect shimmer texture, and is reflective. 



L to R: 5. Claire's Dark Purple (no name), 6. MUA - 9 Pearl, 7. MAC - Odd Couple Mineralize, 8. Sephora - 34 Midnight Kiss

5. I got these as a set when I went to Hawaii a few years ago, and I use most of them on a regular basis. It doesn't look that purple in the swatch. It is quite dark, and not my favourite one in this set, but is good when doing a purple look to add in the crease or outer eye.

6. I absolutely love this one. The only reason I don't use it very often is the texture. It's almost like a cross between a powder and a cream, and it just doesn't glide on that well. But I love the colours in it, purple and blue. Perfect for me.

7. I got this from an airport MAC duty free place, and got a discounted price as it was cracked. To be honest, I dont' use this much. I have swatched the purple side of it, the other part is gold. I'm not a huge fan of it, and it's just a bit boring. Not much pigmentation.

8. I bought a set of mini eyeshadows from Sephora also while in Hawaii. I rarely use this one, it goes on okay with a primer underneath. But on it's own it isn't a very interesting eyeshadow. Once again, not a great pigmentation.


Australis - Velour Lips To-ki-o

This one isn't an eyeshadow, but a purple lipstick. On Friday I picked up a few things, and this was one of them. I've had my eye on Airborne Unicorn by Lime Crime, but decided to pick this up first to try out. It's a lipgloss application that dries matte. I will have a review up on this at some stage over the next week.

Do you have any of these products? What are your favourite purple makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment