Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November / Recent Empties

On the weekend I cleaned out my makeup traincase, which was loooong overdue!







I haven't bought as much makeup in the last year or so, so I never bothered cleaning it out to make room for me.

So that changed today, and I went through and found my empties that I was holding onto.

(Then, of course, I went and bought a few more products...more to come on that.)










MAC - Angel Lipstick

I did really like this lipstick, I probably bought it around two years ago. I don't think I would go as far as buying it again, as it is a pretty generic shade. But I used it a lot when I just wanted a simple (and subtle) pink lipstick. 

It suited with my skintone really well.












Canmake - 

A very upsetting almost-empty. I love this lipstick. It was my go to for almost everyday. Perfect for work, or even with a smokey eye look for going out.

The perfect nude.

Unfortunately I bought this on a trip to Japan, so not sure where I can buy it from now (without going back again!)





Eyebrow Pencil

This was the first eyebrow pencil I owned. Only cost me $15 with a re-tractable pencil and brush on the other end.

It was really good, and just from the mall beauty places. Definitely liked this one, and would buy again, but I'm going to try something different next...







Rimmel - Extra Super Lash (Brown/Black)

Not a fan of this one. Not even sure if it is an empty, or just dried out.

It didn't add much length at all to my lashes and was a bit clumpy - my lashes would stick together.

Won't be re-buying this one.










Clinique - Iced Lotus Blush

I love this colour as a blush. My skin is naturally very fair, so cool blushes suit me more than warm ones.

This one was perfect for me, it was quite pigmented so not really for everyday use. Good with a more made-up look.

I didn't actually buy this one, it was given to me from a friend, so I'm not sure how much it retails for.

I think it is one I would buy again though.






Bare Minerals - Fairly Light Mineral Foundation

This has already been replaced. I love this as a powder foundation.

I first tried it when I bought a Bare Minerals Foundation Kitset from Sephora in Hawaii, and I have been using it ever since.

It's so light on your skin, and gives good coverage.
I have to buy it online from www.wowhd.co.nz or I buy it from Mecca Cosmetics when I go to Australia. A little bit inconvenient, compared to what I can get from the shops, but well worth it.



So I'm sad to see a couple of those empties go, but...that means there is room for new products! As mentioned above, I will have some new product reviews soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment