Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review :: Australis - Velour Lips - To-ki-o

On the weekend I picked up a few new products to try. I have had my eye on both Lime Crime's purple lipsticks for a while, but never bothered to order one.

So when I saw this at Farmers, I decided to give purple a go with a cheaper product first.

This is a matte lip cream from Australis. One of my favourite mid-range/affordable makeup brands. I have pretty much always used Australis for my go-to/everyday eyeliners.

This cost me $17.50 NZD.

So, let's get on with the review!

Packaging: Just your standard lipgloss tube, black lid, simple packaging. Nothing special here.

Value: As above, this cost me $17.50 and is 10ml. Pretty average. not really cheap, but not over-priced either.

Quality/texture: This product applies like a lipgloss, but dries matte. It does fade a bit, and stays slightly darker around the outside of the lips. It is quite sticky once it dries, but didn't make my lips too dry by the end of the day.

Longevity: This lasted really well with no primer for around 3-4 hours, including eating breakfast and drinking a coffee. After that it did fade as above.

Overall: This is an awesomely unique colour. It's great for a few hours, as it would last well if you had an event to go to, rather than an all day look.

I've never tried a matte before, and I wasn't a huge fan of that - but that could be because I'm used to a more glossy looking lip.


I definitely love this colour on me, and would be keen to try out some other colours from this line.



4/5




Checkout Australis website: http://www.australiscosmetics.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment