Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Beauty Review :: Too Faced - Moon Beam Eyeshadow

Too Faced - Galaxy Glam Eyeshadow - Moon Beam

This product was on my wishlist a while ago and with a 10% sale, I just had to buy it. It's a baked eyeshadow, and I hadn't acutally used an eyeshadow with different shades in it before. The range comes in lots of different colours. I chose the green and black one. I was really excited to get this product, unfortunately I am a little disappointed.



The packaging is average, and was very plastic and 'cheap' feeling. The actual eyeshadow jar is nice, but the plastic on the top is cheap. It was a reasonably good price, so I can't complain too much about that really.

With flash to the left and without to the right.

I swatched the eyeshadow from the greenest part of the eyeshadow, and as you can see from the photos it is very difficult to notice the green unless you look close up. In the product photo it had a lot more green on it than the one I received. This could be because I bought online, and in a store you could choose one with more green in it. But Too Faced aren't available in stores here.



On the top is Moon Beam, and the green underneath and in the corner is from a BYS palette. To me, it mostly just looks grey. You can barely notice the green in it at all. I would have liked a lot more green to be noticable. The eyeshadow it self stays on well, and is quite thick so you don't need a lot when reapplying.

I wouldn't purcahse this product again, and I won't be trying the other colours like I wanted to. It won't stop me buying products from the Too Faced brand, as I think they are great value, but I will stay away from this collection.

Summary

Packaging: 6/10 I like the look of the eyeshadow pot, but the box it came in wasn't great, and the material used doesn't seem very environment friendly.
Value/Quality: 8/10 Great price, I think it only cost me about $17 NZD online. As I said, you only have to use a small amount as it goes on quite dark, and doesn't take much to build up.
Wearbale: 8/10 Can easily be blended with other shades.

It's a shame this product didn't work for me, I feel like it was a bit of false advertising really. I wish the green showed through more.

Overall:

No comments:

Post a Comment