Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beauty Review :: GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick #63 Sunset

A while ago I wrote a wishlist blog about a few cosmetics I had my eye on. Then, as if the website heard me, a 10% off everything sale started later that day. I ended up buying two things from my wishlist, but my third I happened upon when looking through the site.

At $12.99 (NZD) I couldn't say no. I had been looking for a coral coloured lipstick for a while. I couldn't find any reviews on 'Sunset' GOSH lipstick, so I just bought it on my own instinct.

The packaging is nice, and quite small, so handy to carry around with you.

The lipstick itself is quite a bit darker than I expected, and pictured online.



The thing about this lipstick is how different it can look in different lighting. On my hand, this is a swatch with no flash in my (fairly bright) bathroom.


In different lighting it looks quite orange.


In daylight (right beside a window on a sunny day) it looks quite subtle and much more coral.


I would say the above photo is the closest to what it 'normally' looks like. I like the colour, and it's nice for a change. Even though it is a little darker than I expected.

It feels nice on my lips and I understand why it is called 'Velvet Touch Lipstick'. However, it isn't very attractive when it dries. It starts too look quite cracked, and you would definitely need to keep it on you to reapply. It also tends to 'bleed' overtime, but I imagine this happens with most bright/dark lipsticks. Overall, it tends to last a good 3-4 hours anyway. I would probably repurchase this shade.

Packaging: 8/10 As I mentioned, it's a great size, and looks sleek and nice.
Quality/Value: 9/10 I've used it a few times, and there is a lot of product, so I think this will last me a very long time.
Price: 9/10 Great price!
Wearable: 7/10 It's not the most subtle lipstick shade.

Overall:

No comments:

Post a Comment