Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beauty :: First Spray Tan Experience

A while ago I bought a deal online for a spray tan. I got mine done here, using GlossX tan.

I am extremely pale and I did not get the tanning gene. I burn, and it fades back to it's pale self.

I went on Saturday to get my first tan, and to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was going to be a machine, that counts down and then sprays you.



No.

It was a women that actually sprays it on you (I have heard these are the best kinds anyway). I stripped down to just my underwear and she sprayed the tan on me. It took less than 5 minutes.



I went home and immediately looked in the mirror, note I've never seen myself anything but extremely pale before! What a big change. My eyes looked so blue, and my teeth looked white. It takes 8 hours to develop and you can't shower in that time (it will all just wash off).

I had mine done in the morning, so it meant I couldn't do a lot that day (in the future I will get them done in the evening). By about 9pm I actually looked black. I wasn't worried, because I knew it would look better after a shower in the morning. The tan line between my underwear and the tanned skin was amazing! Complete contrast. My natural skin looked even whiter than I thought it was.

I had a shower in the morning, and it was much more natural looking - but still noticably tan.

It's now 3 days since my tan. I've been moisturising twice a day, and it still looks nice, though is definitely fading. Since I've started working out lately, my tan definitely helps bring out definition in my arms! I'm glad I got a spray tan, and I can't wait for my next one...I think I'm hooked already.

I paid $40 for two spray tans, they are normally $40 each. Definitely a good idea for a special occasion.

Have you had a spray tan before, what do you think of them?

Last night's tea was butter chicken with broccoli, green capsicum and basmati rice.

2 comments:

  1. yum butter chicken !:D

    yeah i have received my lipstick rainbow at the start of the month and thought it would be a cool thing to post for my new blog since i didnt post about it on my old blog ! i will do another post about them soon (: stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I have never had a fake tan, but I definitely want to someday!

    ReplyDelete