Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Zealand Prices (Make up)

I was excited to go to MAC in the weekend. I knew I was going to buy Studio Fix Fluid. It was $60 NZD ($48 USD), which isn't too bad, and what I was expecting.

I'm not going to do a review of Studio Fix Fluid, as I know a lot of you use it. But I will say that I absolutely love it. It lasts for ages, and I don't look greasy at all! I am an NC15 and I use a translucent powder over top. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out. So glad it works for me! My friend bought it too.

Here is where the problem starts. I was going to buy one or two MAC lipsticks....I asked the girl at the shop how much they cost. $40 NZD!!! That's ridiculous! I couldn't believe it. ($31 USD). Considering you can buy them for $16 USD in America, I think that's pretty unreasonable to charge us $40. So, as you may have guessed, I didn't buy any. I'll wait until I can go on holiday to the US!



I also got the OPI Katy Perry Black Shatter Polish. $27 NZD is a bit much in my opinion, but I really wanted to try it out. It's pretty cool, I need to play around with some different base colours though. I've tried a teal colour and an electric blue so far.

I just wanted to do a quick post on that, a proper 'haul' post will be coming in the next day or two. I didn't actually buy too much, as I want to save for going to Melbourne next month.

Here's a look at what I wore to the Katy Perry concert though:


My friend on the left made that dress herself!

What do you think of the New Zealand prices for MAC makeup?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's sooo expensive! Can we ship cosmetics to New Zealand? If you can find out and want me to do a custom purchase for you let me know! I have no clue how much shipping costs from the states, but let me know. My contact info is on my blog, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy, I don't think the lipsticks in Aus are that expensive I've bought a few, but a bought most of mine in the states. How amazing was Katy Perry? I loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Danielle Thanks heaps for your comment!

    @Crosswire Dreamers Yeah, I might have to have a look at the prices for MAC lipsticks when I go over there.

    Katy Perry was amazing! Loved all the costume changes, and when she talked to the crowd...she seemed so normal! haha. She was talking about jumping off the Auckland Harbour bridge the next day, and apparently she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you gals all look amazing! SUCH cute outfits.

    I have never bought/used MAC makeup because I think it's overpriced and too heavy, but those prices do sound pretty ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete