Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beauty Review :: Lush H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Mask

While in Auckland I made a visit to Lush for the first time ever (I may have been in there once before, but only very briefly and never bought anything). I knew I wanted a hair mask, and since I have never used Lush products before I went with the cheapest, H'Suan Wen Hua. It was $20 NZD ($15.74 USD)


I tried it last night. The woman at the shop told me I would need only about 2 teaspoons for my hair, but I ended up using a little more. I imagine I would still get about 6+ more uses out of it, and it's only supposed to be used every 1-2 weeks.


I applied it to dry hair, as per the instructions, and massaged it in, letting it sit for 20 minutes. It has a very strong smell, like a chai latte, so I liked the smell! It looked a bit weird on dry hair, and it was a little hard to make sure everywhere was covered. You're probably supposed to comb it through, so I will do that next time (if I can!) When I was washing it out in the shower I could already tell the difference. It felt very smooth. It was easy to wash out and I shampoo and conditioned afterwards.

Brushing it out after my shower (yes, I know this is bad) has never been so easy! I let it air dry and there is a definite difference. It feels a lot softer, the ends look healthier, and my hair is overall more shiny. I don't think it's very long-lasting, but it will be nice to do every now and again to make my hair feel and look better. It's been 12 hours and there is no lingering smell of chai latte! :)

Apparently it's best to store it in the fridge after the first use because of the fresh ingredients. (see below)

Ingredients: Fresh Bay Leaf Infusion, Fresh Watercress Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Organic Bananas, Fresh Organic Avocado, Balsamic Vinegar, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lanolin, Rosemary Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Soya Lecithin, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Propylparaben

Packaging: The standard 'Lush' packaging. I think it's quite nice.

Quality/Value: It has 225g of product, and you don't have to use a lot so I think value for money is great.

Results:  It definitely does it's job as a hair mask. My hair feels so much better because of it. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon! I haven't used many actual hair masks before, so I can't compare it to much.

Overall: 

No comments:

Post a Comment